Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Blueberry Farm and Yummy Scones





One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to go blueberry picking. Fortunately for us, we have a farm on our street! The farm opened yesterday for the summer and we were there right when it opened! I really wish I lived in a warmer climate where I had access to fresh produce year round.

And of course I immediately came home and made one of my favorite treats~blueberry scones! They were a hit too! I love scones and they are healthy too.

Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones

2 C. all-purpose flour
1/3 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. lemon yogurt (I used 2 8 oz. containers)
1 egg
1/4 C. butter, melted
1 C. fresh or frozen blueberries

Glaze: (I didn't make a glaze and they were still yummy!)
1/2 C. confectioners' sugar
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter. Stir wet into dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes 14 scones.

I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment