Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Broken

The vintage colorful blankets felt so warm as I snuggled underneath. Outside the temperature was -2 and felt like -20. Many schools canceled classes for the day, but not mine. Reluctantly, I climbed out of bed, barefoot on the hardwood floors. "Momma" my oldest daughter called from her room. The tooth fairy had visited again for the second time in less than a week. My youngest daughter still slept, snuggled under her quilt.

I dressed in my many layers and headed out into the dark, cold January morning to my school. Ahead of me the day awaited, filled with students, questions, emails and papers to correct. My school day finally arrived, and it was time to return home, feeling a little broken.

Time to switch gears, family mode. Two smiling little girls, a pile of laundry and a dinner to cook awaits, feeling a little broken.

As a family, we have made the decision that for us, simple living involves as few activities outside the home was possible. Our two activities involve our church and dance. We do not want to rush from activity to activity but rather slow down and enjoy one another.

We are a household where both parents work out of the home, not by choice so we choose to slow down in other ways.

Life is chaotic and sometimes broken. "But the Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in Spirit."
Picture



No comments:

Post a Comment