Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last Summer Outing, God's Word and Hurricane Irene





It is hard to believe it is the end of the summer and I am going back to teaching next week after being home with my girls for two years!

I have mixed emotions but I know financially I need to do this. I prayed to God and He answered. I am going to be teaching in a Catholic Elementary School which is new for me. I previously taught high school for over thirteen years!

The first two days of school are for teachers only and we have one whole day dedicated to a retreat. What better way to start the school year than a whole day talking to God?

My husband and I decided to take the girls for our last outing of the summer to Kittery, Maine. It was a gorgeous day and we never felt the Earthquake like our friends and family did back home in Boston. Funny what an hour and half distance can do!

It so beautiful there. And across the bridge from Kittery is Portsmouth, NH where my husband proposed to me!

After a little shopping at the Kittery Trading post for some back to school shoes for me, we had a lovely lunch at Robert's Maine Grill and Market. It has a gorgeous view of the marsh.

And now I am making preparations as Hurricane Irene makes its way to New England!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you good thoughts as you start back to school as well as everything turning out fine from Hurricane Irene. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerri,

    I have been thinking about you and wondering when you start school. I will be praying for your first day....and knowing that God will be right along side of you as you begin.
    I hope all is well now that the hurricane has past.

    I am glad you had some time with your family...I have always wanted to go to Maine...I hope to visit one of these days.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete