It has been a long time since I last blogged. Recently I have found a renewed purpose to living a frugal life. The dictionary states "careful about spending money or using things when you don't need to" and "simple and plain". This is EXACTLY what I intended for this blog to be about when I started it. Over the last few weeks I have made a commitment to living a simpler life.
The first step is to DECLUTTER. It can be overwhelming, but it feels amazing. I have brought almost 25 bags to donate and to my local consignment shop and I still have only begun.
1. MY CLOSET: Since I teach I need to have a variety of shirts. I mostly wear black pants so bottoms are easy. I started by pulling everything out of my drawers and closet. I was not too strict, but I wanted to make sure nothing was left in a pile on the chair in my room. If it didn't fit back in, I pared down and tossed it. (I will go back again in a few weeks and pair down.) I buy all of my clothes from consignment and second hand stores.
2. TOYS: If my girls have not used the toy since last Christmas, I packed it up and donated it. Simple enough,
3. BOOKS, DVDS and CDS: I went through my own and my girls and pared down the obvious choices. ( I did not go through any of my husbands items)
4. Fridge: I cleaned out my fridge and freezer. Wiped it down and wiped all containers before going back in the fridge. I love how everything is neatly stacked.
5. Bathroom: I have not done the bathroom closet yet.
My goal for this year is simple living. Many dream of a bigger home and more stuff. My dream is of a smaller home and less stuff.
I want more time to spend with my family, doing things I enjoy like reading and cooking healthy foods for my family.
I hope you will join me this year on my journey.