Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Friday, March 5, 2010

The One That Got Away



The other day after an appointment I went the long way home to stop at one of the local church's thrift shop. It was one of those rare opportunities when I was alone.

This shop is definitely hit or miss but because the prices are so low, it is worth checking out. When I entered the shop there was one other customer and the Church Lady (I will refer to her as this because I don't know her name.)

My eyes immediately caught the attention of a gleaming white vintage phone. It was perfect. It was bright white and had definite style. I was making small talk with the other customer and told her how lovely I thought it was and wondered if it worked.

So I continued on and when I was ready to checkout I asked the Church Lady how much the phone was. She proceeded to tell me that it caught her attention when I was talking about it and brought it into the office to see if it worked and bought it!

Needless to say, I was heartbroken that I am so frugal that I had to contemplate if I wanted it or not! I should have picked it up and thought about it while I shopped, but didn't.

Lesson learned, if you see something that catches your eye, get it, unless, of course, it is a price you wouldn't pay.

The picture of the phone I posted is VERY similar to the one that got away.

1 comment:

  1. This is probably really wrong, but I would have seriously considered slapping Church Lady!

    ReplyDelete